Monday, April 23, 2012

     I have been thinking about how to start this blog for the last several months and I finally just decided to start writing.  I have many things that I want to accomplish with this blog.  I want to have a written account of my adventures with my children while I help to raise them as a Stay at Home Dad.  I also want to be honest and true to myself and my family when writing.
     When my daughter was 6 months old, I had to make a decision about my professional career.  I could keep working at a job that barely paid enough to pay for my child's daycare, go back into sales, or become a SAHD (Stay at Home Dad).  The decision wasn't an easy one.  I had been working since I was old enough to push a lawnmower, so it was weird not having a source of income.  I also had to face the social and personal issues of having my wife support our children and MYSELF, financially.  It's been two years now and I am almost over it.
     The most significant idea that I have come to embrace is that my wife and I are a team and our success is not affirmed by how much money we earn or who earns it.  Even though I am not monetarily supporting my family, I am providing a loving and nurturing environment for my children to grow and prosper.  At the same time, they are providing me with an invaluable opportunity to raise and educate our children with the morals that both my wife and I lead our lives by.
     There are a lot of things that I go through on a daily basis that the average guy probably doesn't go through.  With this blog, I will try to bring to light some of the things about parenthood that people don't tell you about before you have children.  You will read things here that you don't agree with and that may upset you.  Hopefully, you will also read some things that make you laugh and help you gain perspective in you own life.

"In reading the lives of great men, I found that the first victory they won was over themselves...self-discipline with all of them came first."              -Harry S Truman

No comments:

Post a Comment